COMMUNITY OUTREACH JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Lakes to Locks Passage, Inc. (LTLP) is a 501c3 non-profit organization, with offices in Crown Point and Schuylerville NY, that provides services to communities and organizations that further the recognition, appreciation and stewardship of the cultural, historic, natural and recreational resources in seven counties along the Champlain Canal, Lake George, and Lake Champlain regions in New York. Utilizing our National Geographic partnership and “America’s Byways” designations, LTLP cultivates collaborations between arts, cultural, heritage and trail groups to achieve our mission.
LTLP seeks a creative, collaborative, and highly organized individual to serve as our Community Outreach Director. This person will provide leadership and delivery in all areas of communications and project management to promote and strengthen the mission and programs of LTLP. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Community Outreach
Director will be an integral member of a four-person staff.
• Bachelors degree in relevant field, with advanced degree preferred, and 5 years of professional experience in the nonprofit sector. Interest in community heritage and the arts is required.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills; demonstrated experience in public relations and effective web-based communications including social media marketing.
• Proficiency in Excel and Quickbooks (QB) for grant fiscal management, contract compliance, and accounts payable/receivable.
• Project fiscal management -- including budget tracking, payment requests, job costing, and compliance to grant requirements
• Experience and ability to multi-task with high-volume workloads; excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines; a strong eye for design and attention to detail; ability to maintain professional relationships with various stakeholders; and a commitment to LTLP’s mission.
• Develop and implement communication strategies to promote the mission and programs of LTLP with an emphasis on reaching new and diverse audiences, and growing LTLP’s effectiveness and influence.
• Provide contract management, project cash flow, and fiscal reports, also assist in grant writing.
• Increase the visibility of LTLP services through these communications strategies across multiple platforms including the web, social media, print and digital publications, and other public relations vehicles.
• Manage communication tools including annual reports, e-newsletters, brochures, website, and LTLP’s social media strategy and ensure consistency in all LTLP communications.
• Assist in “circuit rider” tasks to cultivate collaborative projects between arts, cultural, heritage and trail groups for the heritage program.
Salary and Benefits
The position is for a 40-hour work week, salary range for this position is up to $50,000 including benefits, commensurate with education and experience. The benefits package includes a SEP retirement plan, and generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave allowances. LTLP is an equal opportunity employer, welcomes candidates from
diverse backgrounds and encourages applications from veterans.
Applications are due December 30, 2016. Candidates should submit by email letter of interest, resume, one writing sample, and three references: Janet Kennedy, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org.