Crown Point Campground
RVs, tents, and one on-site lean-to
The campground is located on the lower southwestern shore of Lake Champlain, north of the village of Crown Point. Positioned so that it majestically overlooks Lake Champlain and neighboring Vermont. The Crown Point bridge looms on the northern-most shore of this campground and is one of the few bridges connecting New York State and Vermont. Sites are capable of holding any size RV and are blanketed with grass all summer long. There is one on site lean-to. The entire Crown Point Reservation, including all 49 acres of the campground, are listed in the National Register of Historic Places and have been designated by the United States Secretary of the Interior as a National Historic Landmark.
Facilities And Services
Hot showers, trailer dump station, recycling center, mobility impaired accessibility, and boat launching ramp.
Maximum Length Of Stay Allowed
Your camping permit can be issued for a maximum of 14 nights. From July 1 through Labor Day only 14 cumulative nights will be permitted at any campground.
Maximum Number Of People
Limited to 6 individuals per campsite and 2 tents or 1 unit of hard wheeled camping equipment and 1 tent. Only 2 vehicles permitted on any campsite. Extra vehicles will be required to park in a designated area (additional fees will apply)
Number Of Camp Sites
What Is Distinctive And Authentic To The Character Of The Region
Crown Point has a rich heritage dating back to the 1750s when it was hotly contested by French, British, and American armies. Following the American Revolution the area was turned over to Union and Columbia Colleges. They in turn sold it to a farmer who used it for pasture land and orchards. The New York State Conservation Department acquired the land in 1910. In 1912 the Champlain Memorial Lighthouse was dedicated to commemorate the 300th anniversary of Champlain's discovery of the lake that now bears his name. In 1929 the steamboat pier was constructed and it has become a popular fishing spot. Construction of the campground began in 1915. In 1930, 1951, and 1952 it was expanded to its present size.