Hudson, Moore, and Yager Camps
Only the chimney and an old dock remain of the camps that once stood here. The chimney was built around 1900 by local geologist Dr. George Hudson. Interested in photography, Hudson operated a dark room in one of the small caves facing Paradise Bay. Look for the Hudson Cave from the dock. Hudson Hall at SUNY Plattsburgh is also named for him.
The property was later owned by Father Edward Robert Moore, who had the largest of the camps on the east side of the island. On Sundays, boaters would receive sermon on Father Moore’s terrace. M.H “Doc” Yager purchased the property after the Monsignor’s death and eventually sold it to New York State.