Van Schaick Mansion
The house is open for viewing by appointment. No group is too small. For group tours or more information, contact [email protected] or call (518) 235-2699.
The Van Schaick mansion is one of the most historic homes in New York State. The mansion is located on Van Schaick Island at the junction of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers at Cohoes, New York. The mansion was the Military Headquarters during three wars - French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War, and the War of 1812.
The Van Schaick Mansion was the home of Anthony Van Schaick, built between 1735 and1755, on a section of the "Half Moon" patent. There is evidence that the family of Goosen Gerritse Van Schaick had an earlier, wooden house on the property, just to the south of the present mansion.
Historical organizations using the Mansion as their meeting place include - 1st New York Regiment, General Peter Gansevoort Chapter NSDAR, and Schuyler Society C.A.R.
Suggested Further Reading
For more information about the mansion and it's history, visit www.vanschaickmansion.org.
Season and Hours Open
By appointment only